Call of Duty: Black Ops
File Size: 7.28 GB
License: Free to Play
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card: 256MB
Free Disk Space: 12 GB
OS: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
Call of Duty: Black Ops is probably the most successful game in the franchise selling over 30 million units worldwide after launch in 2010. There are many Call of Duty games before and after Black Ops but no one can pinpoint why this particular game made so many sales. It was released for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
As you know the Call of Duty games always differ even though some follow a particular story. The Black Ops version also differs from the previous games of the same franchise. Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first-person shooter game that allows you to control 3 characters throughout the entire game. The characters are a Russian-born soldier Viktor Reznoz, Jason Hudson of the CIA, and the main protagonist, Captain Alex Mason of the MACV-SOG.
Call of Duty: Black Ops takes place between the Cold War and Vietnam War that took place between 1961 and 1968. You play as the protagonist Alex Mason, a former U.S. Marine. You also get to control two other characters, Jason Hudson and Viktor Reznov. The whole story of the game revolves around a chemical weapon, a nerve gas called Nova-6. Your job is to ensure that this chemical weapon is not launched to destroy the world.
The game comes in two modes, the popular single-player campaign mode, and the multiplayer mode. Most players enjoy the campaign mode because of the story behind it.
- The story behind the campaign mode takes place between 1961 and 1968. You play as the character Alex Mason, a former U.S Marine Force Recon Captain. Even though play as one main character, you occasionally play as other characters to progress in some parts of the story. To complete the story successfully, you have to follow the script written by the directors. The directors of the game have made it such a way that you have to play according to what they’ve planned. Doing something else will only lead you to a failed mission. So you will have to start all over from the last checkpoint.
- The multiplayer mode does not follow a particular story as the campaign mode. This is mainly because of the continuous lags that occur even if you have a strong network connection. There are 14 maps available to explore. The popular matches to play include deathmatch and capture the flag. You can also play Gun Game and Sharp Shooter, which allows you to use many different weapons within a single match.
With the Gun Game, you get a new gun after making a kill, and your team wins if you succeed in making 20 kills first. Sharp Shooter is a bit different. Every player gets the same weapon, and it is swapped randomly after every 45 seconds. These modes help you to kill time whiles enjoying yourself.
Since the game was launched in 2010, you don’t have to expect a more advanced setting as we have now. The artificial intelligence of both sides is quite low, but it does not take the fun away from the game.
Players have supposed the role of foot soldiers who are protecting their country and beliefs. You are allowed to use various weapons on the battlefield such as pistols, shotguns, rifles, and sniper rifles. Players are also allowed to use explosives like grenades and smoke grenades.
How to Install Call of Duty: Black Ops on your PC
Follow the steps as follows to Install Call of Duty: Black Ops on your PC:
- First, click on the download button and save the file on your PC.
- After that, open the folder where you saved the file.
- Then Right-click on the zip file and click on the ‘extract here’ option from the dropdown menu.
- After that, you will notice a Setup file for the game and double click on it.
- If asked to allow the program to make changes to your device, click “Yes” to continue.
- Then you will see an installation box.
- Then follow the instructions to install the game.
- After that, You can now open the game from the Start menu or Desktop.
And there you go! You have successfully launched the game.