Colin McRae: DiRT 2
File Size: 3.97 GB
License: Free to Play
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 3400+
RAM: 1 GB
Graphics: Radeon X1600 / GeForce 6800
Free Disk Space: 10 GB
OS: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
Dirt 2 is a racing video game that is the seventh installment of the Colin McRae Rally series, which was released in 2009. As the name suggests, it is a racing game, and it was developed and published by Codemasters. The game was released for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Wii, and Nintendo DS. The game, originally titled Colin McRae: Dirt 2, was released after McRae’s death, and it is the last game to feature his name in the title.
Colin McRae: Dirt 2 has many racing events, including the X-Games that happen across four continents: North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Players race in different, challenging real-world environments. There are five types of events, each giving a different user experience.
The racing game comes with five racing disciplines, which can either be played online or offline. It also comes with three separate modes as special features of the game. Dirt 2 is powered by the EGO engine, which was used in the Codemasters’ Race Driver.
The game has three special modes adding an extra boost to the game. They are:
- Last Man Standing: This is a special mode that is the form of an “elimination-style” race. The mode is based on rallycross, and drivers who come in the last place are eliminated. Same rules as any last man standing match, the last driver left wins.
- Gatecrasher: This game involves smashing yellow barriers to win. This might sound weird, but you use rally courses and cars. During the race, you have to smash the yellow barriers. The yellow barriers add time to the clock, and the driver with the most time wins after the end of the race. The barriers have been placed in a way that will not affect the driver’s control of their vehicle.
- Domination: With this mode, you race alongside many drivers, and you are supposed to complete the race at the lowest time possible.
Dirt 2 has a multiplayer mode that players can take advantage of, provided you have strong interconnectivity. The multiplayer mode is available for Windows, Xbox Live, and the PlayStation Network. This mode comes in the form of ranked and unranked matches. Ranked matches are more competitive compared to unranked matches. There can only be a maximum number of 8 players in each race. Unranked matches allow players to use any class of cars on the race track. Ranked races, being competitive are more restricted, and you can only use specific cars during specific races.
How to Install Colin McRae: DiRT 2 on your PC
Follow the steps as follows to Install Colin McRae: DiRT 2:
- First, click on the download button and save the file on your PC.
- Then open the folder where you saved the file.
- After that, double click on the ISO file.
- Then you will notice a Setup file for the game and double click on it.
- If asked to allow the program to make changes to your device, click “Yes” to continue.
- Then you will see an installation box.
- Then follow the instructions to install the game.
- After that, You can now open the game from the Start menu or Desktop.
And there you go! You have successfully launched the game.