Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
- File Name: NFS_Hot_Pursuit_2.zip
- File Size: 91.24 MB
- Author: Electronic Arts
- License: Free to Play
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200
- RAM: 1 GB
- Graphics: GeForce 6600/Radeon HD 3600
- Free Disk Space: 5 GB
- OS: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is a racing video game released in 2002. It is the sixth installment from the Need for Speed franchise and serves as a sequel to the Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. The racing game was developed and distributed by EA Games. It was released for PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube. A reboot of the Hot Pursuit games developed by Criterion Games was later released in 2010.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 has similar gameplay as the previous game. The main idea of the game is to win races whiles escaping from the police. You have to avoid roadblocks, spike strips, and sometimes helicopters before you can escape during police pursuits.
The races come in two modes, the World Racing Championship mode and the Hot Pursuit or Ultimate Racer mode. With the World Racing Championship, you participate in a series of races against other drivers. Ultimate Racer is quite similar to other modes but has the addition of police pursuits.
Single-player: This comes in two forms, the Challenge and Be The Cop. Challenge is where you are allowed to play normal races, and you have to avoid each obstacle that comes your way. With the Be The Cop, you are the obstacle that other drivers have overcome. You are part of the police, and you have to bust the racers. The game allows you to call for backup, roadblocks, and a helicopter.
Multiplayer: An online version of the game developed for PC only. It allows you to race remotely with other drivers. A similar version is available for consoles, but it comes in the form of a split-screen.
You cannot talk about the Need for Speed franchise without talking about the list of cars included in their games. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 does not disappoint. The game provides a variety of different European and American sports and supercars. Police variants of some cars are also provided as additions.
This feature of the game allows you to choose from five race types, Be the Cop, Single Race, Lap Knockout, Free Run, and Tournament. If you are new to the Need for Speed franchise, playing these races is a perfect way of understanding the game.
- Knockout: This is a race that eliminates the last person to finish each lap. This is more of the last man standing match, and the last driver left wins.
- Tournament: This comes in the form of a series of races. Points are allocated to drivers based on their position during the race. At the end of the tournament, the driver with the most points wins. This is just a description of some of the races available.
How to Install Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 on your PC
Follow the steps as follows to Install Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 on your PC:
- First, click on the download button and save the file on your PC.
- After that, open the folder where you saved the file.
- Then Right-click on the zip file and click on the ‘extract here’ option from the dropdown menu.
- After that, you will notice a Setup file for the game and double click on it.
- If asked to allow the program to make changes to your device, click “Yes” to continue.
- Then you will see an installation box.
- Then follow the instructions to install the game.
- After that, You can now open the game from the Start menu or Desktop.
And there you go! You have successfully launched the game.