- File Name: SWAT-4.zip
- File Size: 180.36 MB
- Author: Irrational Games
- License: Free to Play
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Phenom II Dual-Core
- RAM: 512 MB
- Graphics Card: 64 MB
- Free Disk Space: 2 GB
- OS: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
SWAT 4 is a tactical shooter video game that was released in 2005. It was developed by Irrational Games and subsequently distributed by Vivendi Universal Games for Microsoft Windows, making it exclusive for PC. As the title suggests, it is the fourth installment to the SWAT franchise. You play as the leader of the SWAT team, and it is your role to control the activities of your members.
Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) is an actual organization used to enforce law and order in the U.S. The game tries to portray the activities of an actual SWAT team, allowing players to lead the members of the team. Players are allowed to choose between two entry points in most operations. The player determines what will happen at the end of every mission. You are not allowed to use lethal force unless it is necessary, and this is based on the rules used by SWAT in reality.
The game tries its best to show players how the SWAT takes down criminals. Players get a pre-mission briefing that contains the summary of the entire operation. It also contains minor details like the weapons and intelligence of the suspects, the civilians involved, and the map of the building.
SWAT 4 comes with two modes that satisfy the demand of various players.
This is in the form of a campaign mode that occurs in the U.S. East Coast City of Fairview. You are the leader of a team of five, and you are supposed to complete 13 missions.
- Campaign: The campaign mode starts with you going through training at the Riverside Training Facility. The training is meant to guide the players on how to fire weapons like the sniper rifle. You will also be through various operations like how to command your team to clear rooms. When you are done with training, you are deployed for various missions.
For online multiplayer players, SWAT 4 did not forget you. The multiplayer mode comes with various game modes. Some of the modes include:
- Barricaded Suspects: This is a mode where teams gain points when they kill or arrest members on the other team. To win, you have to reach the score limit or have the highest score after the timer ends.
- Co-op: This a game mode that allows your team to play through single-player missions. Each team is assigned a leader, and you are supposed to follow the rules to win the missions. This mode supports up to ten players per game. The other modes available include VIP Escort, rapid development, and smash & grab.
Even though you have been tasked with controlling an entire team, it is not as difficult as you assumed. There are various operations available that make it easier to control the activities of your team. Another thing to note is that your teammates will do nothing unless you give them a command. You are supposed to ensure you do everything possible to complete the mission without using lethal force.
How to Install SWAT 4 on your PC
Follow the steps as follows to Install SWAT 4 on your PC:
- First, click on the download button and save the file on your PC.
- After that, open the folder where you saved the file.
- Then Right-click on the zip file and click on the ‘extract here’ option from the dropdown menu.
- After that, you will notice a Setup file for the game and double click on it.
- If asked to allow the program to make changes to your device, click “Yes” to continue.
- Then you will see an installation box.
- Then follow the instructions to install the game.
- After that, You can now open the game from the Start menu or Desktop.
And there you go! You have successfully launched the game.